In a very short period of time, Scream Factory has become the number one company to watch for cult horror releases. They have new titles planned every month and, in February, we’ll see the release of TerrorVision, The Video Dead, and Prison. We covered the initial announcement and we’re back with details on the presentation, bonus features, and cover artwork:
“SCREAM FACTORY™ invites loyal fans and collectors to embark on a journey filled with thrills, chills and 80s high-camp spills when PRISON (starring Viggo Mortensen in an early career role) and a double feature presentation of TERRORVISION and THE VIDEO DEAD debut on home entertainment shelves everywhere on February 19, 2013. PRISON Collector’s Edition and TERRORVISION/ THE VIDEO DEAD Double Feature are presented in TWO Blu-ray + DVD combo packs. Each boasts original theatrical key art, anamorphic widescreen movie presentation and exciting bonus content.
Available for the first time on Blu-ray and DVD, the Collector’s Edition of PRISON contains a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork, a reversible wrap with original theatrical key art, new extras and more! This Blu-ray + DVD combo pack is priced to own at $29.93. ***Avid horror movie fans and collectors take note: those who order PRISON from ScreamFactory.com will receive an exclusive 18”x24” poster featuring the newly commissioned artwork! Only 150 will be printed, so these are only available while supplies last.***”
PRISON COLLECTOR’S EDITION Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack: “From the producer of HALLOWEEN comes a new force of evil… Creedmore Prison becomes a supernatural battleground when the specter of Charlie Forsythe, a man executed for murder, returns seeking vengeance from the brutal guard, Ethan Sharpe, who was aware of his innocence. The lives of the inmates hang in the balance as Forsythe and Sharpe lock in demonic combat. Directed by Renny Harlin (Cliffhanger, A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master, Deep Blue Sea). Starring Viggo Mortensen (A History Of Violence, Eastern Promises), Chelsea Field (Dust Devil, The Dark Half) and Lane Smith (Red Dawn).”
Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1)/DTS-HD Master Audio Stereo (Bluray)/Dolby Digital Stereo (DVD)/1988/Color/102 minutes
PRISON COLLECTOR’S EDITION Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack Bonus Content:
- Audio Commentary with Director Renny Harlin
- Hard Time: The Making of “Prison” – An all-new retrospective with Director Renny Harlin, Producer Irwin Yablans, Screenwriter C. Courtney Joyner, Actor Tom Everett, Stunt Coordinator Kane Hodder, Special Makeup effects Creator John Carl Buechler, Executive Producer Charles Band, Composer Richard Band, Production Designer Philip Duffin, and Production Assistant Patrick Denver.
- U.S. Theatrical Trailer
- Poster & Still Gallery
- Original First-Draft Screenplay (PDF format)
TERRORVISION/ THE VIDEO DEAD Double Feature Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack
TERRORVISION Synopsis: “Life will never be the same for the Putterman family in Terrorvision. Stanley Putterman (Gerrit Graham) installs a state-of-the-art satellite dish in his backyard. Through a cosmic accident, a wayward monster’s energy is beamed across galaxies, into the satellite and onto the Puttermans’ television set. The Puttermans don’t notice any changes, only better reception and a strange monster continually appearing on the screen. But when the monster leaps off the screen and into the Puttermans’ living room, terror erupts, as it needs to feed on humans for its survival! (81 min.)”
THE VIDEO DEAD Synopsis: “On a quiet, tree-lined street, evil has arrived in a most ordinary way, an old television set. It receives a single channel, one that not only shows the same film over and over – a horror film where zombies rise from the grave to kill – but also frees the gnarled, evil monsters….and once out, they’re not going back! They like the real world. They’ve already killed five people and want more blood…and a new family is moving into the neighborhood! (90 min.)”
Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1)/DTS-HD Master Audio Stereo (BD)/Dolby Digital Stereo (DVD)/1986/Color/R/Subtitles: English
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Ted Nicolaou, Actress Diane Franklin and Jon Gries.
- Monsters on Demand: The Making of “TERRORVISION” – An all-new retrospective with Writer/Director Ted Nicolaou, stars Gerrit Graham, Mary Woronov, Diane Franklin, Jon Gries, Chad Allen, Ian Patrick Williams, Special Make-up Effects Creator John Carl Buechler, Special Effects Artist Cleve Hall, Executive Producer Charles Band, Composer Richard Band
- Theatrical Trailer
- Poster & Still Gallery
THE VIDEO DEAD:
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Producer/Director Robert Scott, Editor Bob Sarles, and Special Make-up Effects Creator Dale Hall, Jr.
- Audio Commentary with stars Roxanna Augesen and Rocky Duvall, Production Manager Jacques Thelemaque, and Make-up Assistant Patrick Denver
- Pre-recorDEAD – All new interviews with Make-up Effects Creator Dale Hall, Jr. and Make-up Assistant Patrick Denver.
- Theatrical Trailer
- Poster and Still Gallery
- Behind-the-Scenes Still Gallery