Disney has officially announced that Frankenweenie will be available on Blu-ray and DVD early next year. We have all of the release details, a list of bonus features, and cover artwork.
Similar to recent Disney home releases, Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie will be offered as a 4-disc Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD/Digital and a 2-disc Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. Both versions will be available starting on January 8th, with the 4-disc combo priced at $49.99. As usual, expect this release to cost less online and at most retail outlets. Amazon.com is currently offering the 4-disc version as a pre-order for $34.99.
In terms of bonus features, the 4-disc combo pack includes a number of shorts and other items not seen in the 2-disc version:
4-Disc Bonus Features:
- All New Original Short: “Captain Sparky vs The Flying Saucers”—An exciting all-new short featuring Victor and Sparky’s home movie.
- “Miniatures In Motion: Bringing ‘Frankenweenie’ To Life”—Viewers get an in-depth tour of the London set that includes never-before-seen footage showcasing the hundreds of artists who worked on the film.
- “Frankenweenie” Touring Exhibit—Allows audiences to explore the artistry of the film’s puppets, sets and props in a showcase that’s traveling the world.
- “Frankenweenie” Original Live Action Short—Burton’s original live-action short film.
- Music Video—”Pet Sematary” performed by Plain White T’s
2-Disc Bonus Features: (Also included on 4-disc version)
- “Captain Sparky vs The Flying Saucers”
- “Miniatures In Motion: Bringing ‘Frankenweenie’ To Life”
- “Frankenweenie” Touring Exhibit
- “Frankenweenie” (original Live-Action Short)
- “Pet Sematary” Music Video performed by Plain White T’s
Sources: Blu-ray.com / The HD Room