Following their masterfully detailed maquettes of Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees, Cinemaquette and Elite Creature Collectibles are bringing a more benevolent character to life with their life-size bust of the Amphibian Man, who was played by Doug Jones in Guillermo del Toro's The Shape of Water.
Limited to 399 items and sculpted by Mike Hill, the artist who created the look for the Amphibian Man, The Shape of Water bust is expected to ship in the second half of 2020 and is available to pre-order for $1,450 until December 20th (at which point it will switch to a price of $1600).
We have official photos and details on The Shape of Water bust below, and to learn more, visit:
From Cinemaquette: "At a top secret research facility in the 1960s, a lonely janitor forms a unique relationship with an amphibious creature that is being held in captivity.
The Shape of Water received critical acclaim with praise for the acting, screenplay, direction, visuals, production design and musical score, with many calling the film one of Del Toro's best works.
Doug Jones heartfelt performance shines through the creature suit creating a truly emotional and unforgettable character.
This film won the Oscar for Best Picture at the 2018 Academy Awards.
Elite Creature Collectibles is proud to present our museum quality amphibian man from the movie The Shape of Water. The bust was sculpted by the original key artist Mike Hill who created the amphibious character for the movie.
- Approximately 28 inches in height
- Approximately 24 inches in width
- Approximately 24 inches in depth
- Cast in high-quality resin with hand painted details
- Real handmade glass eyes
- Attractive, Cistern themed display base
- LED light-up effects highlighting the amphibian man
- Each Certificate of Authenticity is signed by Mike Hill
Limited in production to 399 pieces worldwide
ITEM STATUS: PRE-ORDER
Estimated shipping date: Q3 2020
EARLY BIRD PRICE: $1,450.00 USD (Effective until Dec 20th 2019)
* IMPORTANT* Whether we reach our edition size or not on the cut-off date of Jan.15, 2020, the pre-order window will be permanently closed. There will be no more editions made. We will not do a second run so do not miss out!"
Photos from Cinemaquette: