Ever since Scream Factory released The Return of the Living Dead on a Collector's Edition Blu-ray back in 2016, fans of the beloved zombie franchise have eagerly requested the same high-def treatment for the first sequel, Return of the Living Dead Part II. This August, the wait will be over, and Scream Factory has now revealed the full list of special features for the anticipated Collector's Edition Blu-ray of the 1988 sequel:
Press Release: The zombies have returned! Writer/director Ken Wiederhorn (Dark Tower, A House in the Hills) churns a fun-and-gory spin on the zombie apocalypse movie in cult classic RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD Part II, starring James Karen (The Return of the Living Dead, Poltergeist), Thom Matthews (Jason Lives: Friday, the 13th Part VI), Dana Ashbrook (Twin Peaks), Marsha Dietlein (Little Children), Philip Bruns (Flash Dance), and Michael Kenworthy (The Blob). On August 14, 2018, SCREAM FACTORY™ is proud to present RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD Part II Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, which includes new 2K scan of the film, new interviews with cast and crew, and much more!
This definitive set includes a collectible slipcover featuring newly rendered artwork and a reversible cover wrap featuring original theatrical key art. A must-have for movie collectors, zombie horror enthusiasts and loyal fans, RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD Part II Collector’s Edition Blu-ray is available for pre-order now at ShoutFactory.com.
***Special Offer: Order from ShoutFactory.com and get a FREE 18" X 24" ROLLED POSTER featuring brand new artwork, available while supplies last! Also get it shipped TWO WEEKS EARLY! ***
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD Part II Collector’s Edition
- NEW 2K scans from the interpositive
- NEW Audio Commentary with actress Suzanne Snyder
- NEW Audio Commentary with Gary Smart (co-author of The Complete History of the Return of the Living Dead) and filmmaker Christopher Griffiths
- NEW Back to the Dead: The Effects of “Return of the Living Dead Part II” – including interviews with Special Make-up Effects creator Kenny Myers and Special Make-up Effects artists Andy Schoneberg and Mike Smithson
- NEW The Laughing Dead - a new interview with writer/director Ken Wiederhorn
- NEW Undead Melodies – an interview with composer J. Peter Robinson
- NEW interview with actor Troy Fromin
- Audio Commentary with writer/director Ken Wiederhorn and co-star Thor Van Lingen
- They Won’t Stay Dead: A Look at RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD II including interviews with James Karen, Thom Matthews, Brian Peck, Kenny Myers, Susan Snyder, Michael Kenworthy and more…
- Archival Featurette – Live from the Set
- Archival interviews with Ken Wiederhorn, James Karen, Thom Matthews and Kenny Myers
- Behind the Scenes footage
- Theatrical Trailer and Teaser Trailer
- TV Spots
- Still Gallery of posters and stills
- Still Gallery of Behind-the-Scenes stills from Makeup Effects artists Kenny Myers and Mike Smithson
The horror begins again as mysterious barrels bounce off an Army transport as it passes through a new housing development and land near an abandoned cemetery. Mischievous neighborhood boys discover the barrels and open them, unaware of the evil contained within. A deadly green vapor escapes and turns the living into flesh-eating zombies and causes the dead to rise from their graves. As these hideous living dead hunt down the fresh human brains they need, man is pitted against man, and the living against the dead. It is a macabre struggle for survival!
Shout! Factory will continue to present the on-going SCREAM FACTORY™ home entertainment series in 2018 with specific release dates, extras and key art. Meanwhile, fans are encouraged to visit the Scream Factory main website (www.screamfactorydvd.com), follow them on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD) and Twitter (www.Twitter.com/@Scream_Factory) or to view exclusive video content on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/ScreamFactoryTV/Home