Capcom has announced that the first title update for Resident Evil 6 has been released and includes a number of new updates, such as an updated camera system, a new difficulty setting, and the instant unlocking of the Ada Wong campaign. They have also revealed that a second title update is in the works:
"Continuing its on-going commitment to listen to feedback from Resident Evil 6 players and, wherever possible improve the gameplay experience, Capcom is pleased to confirm that a second free title update for Resident Evil 6 will be available on January 22, 2013. This follows the first free update for the game which is available from today. This second free update will deliver the following enhancements:
Agent Hunt Mode
- Available without having to complete a campaign
- Selectable criteria for joining a session
- Stage selection
- Region selection
- Players can determine whether to join a session based on campaign player’s settings such as infinite ammo or friendly fire setting
- Individual stages within chapters can be accessed at any time once completed
- QTE assist
- QTE assist is currently part of the Amateur difficulty level, and automatically completes QTEs for the player. With this update, players can optionally activate QTE assist on any difficulty level.
- Some sections of the game have had their difficulty adjusted to provide an improved experience"
Here's a list of what is included in today's title update:
- Gamers will be able to adjust the camera to give a greater field of view as best suits their play style. The camera screenshot pairs show the minimum and maximum range of the new camera setting. Please note that this feature is still in development and may change without further notice before the title update is released.
- Subtitle options have been improved so that English language audio can be combined with subtitles in an alternative language.
- As recently announced, Ada Wong’s campaign will be unlocked from the start and have an optional player-controlled co-op partner added. It was previously necessary to complete all three other campaigns in order to unlock Ada’s story.
- ‘No Hope’ difficulty level will be added above the existing levels, for players who want an extreme challenge.