Following today's new trailer and release date announcement, Capcom has released additional game details, character art, and 21 screenshots.
"Blending action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012. Resident Evil favorites Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield are joined by new characters, including Jake Muller, to face a bioterrorist threat on a global scale, as the narrative moves between North America, the war-torn Eastern European state of Edonia and the Chinese city of Lanshiang."
Pairings: Resident Evil 6 features three distinct, yet interwoven story threads, each with their own pair of protagonists for either solo or co‐op play, both offline and online.
- Leon S. Kennedy is paired with US government agent Helena Harper.
- Chris Redfield teams up with fellow BSAA member Piers Nivans.
- The previously mysterious mercenary has now been revealed as Jake Muller, son of the infamous Albert
- Wesker. Jake is joined by Sherry Birkin, the daughter of former key Umbrella scientists, William and Annette.
A New Threat: RE6 introduces the highly virulent C‐virus that has been unleashed on an unsuspecting and unprepared world, creating new and deadly transformations.
- Zombies make a return to the Resident Evil series, but can now run, jump at players and even use weapons, making them far more challenging than in previous games.
- The enemy creatures known as J’avo first came to prominence in the conflict zone of Eastern Europe and have the ability to regenerate when injured.
- The C‐virus also gives rise to the Chrysalide, where a full metamorphosis occurs, spawning a whole host of horrific creatures.
Resident Evil 6 will be available on October 2nd for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. A PC version will be released at a later date. To watch the new trailer and for more game information, visit: http://dailydead.com/resident-evil-6-new-trailer-and-earlier-release-date/