Her looks can be lethal for those unlucky enough to fall for them, and Scream Factory celebrates the alien hybrid from Species like never before with a new Collector's Edition Blu-ray of Roger Donaldson's 1995 sci-fi horror film. With the high-def release hitting shelves on July 11th, we've been provided with three copies to give away to lucky Daily Dead readers.
Prize Details: (3) Winners will receive (1) Collector's Edition Blu-ray copy of Species.
How to Enter: We're giving Daily Dead readers multiple chances to enter and win:
1. Instagram: Following us on Instagram during the contest period will give you an automatic contest entry. Make sure to follow us at:
2. Email: For a chance to win via email, send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Species Contest”. Be sure to include your name and mailing address.
Entry Details: The contest will end at 12:01am EST on July 8th. This contest is only open to those who are eighteen years of age or older that live in the United States. Only one entry per entry method, per household will be accepted.
Press Release: Beauty can be deceiving. Loyal fans of the popular sci-fi terror classic SPECIES know well that evil lurks beneath the beauty go unnoticed, especially in the form of a seductive alien-human hybrid. Directed by Roger Donaldson (The Bank Job, The Recruit) and produced by Frank Mancuso, Jr. (Stigmata, Friday the 13th Part II), SPECIES stars Ben Kingsley (Shutter Island), Michael Madsen (The Hateful Eight), Alfred Molina (Feud), Forest Whitaker (Arrival), Marg Helgenberger (CSI) and introducing Natasha Henstridge (The Whole Nine Yards). Charged with pulse-pounding suspense and thrills, the film features ingenious special effects from Richard Edlund (Star Wars). On July 11, 2017, Scream Factory™ is proud to present SPECIES Collector’s Edition2-Disc Blu-ray set. This definitive collector’s edition features new 4K scan of the film and contains insightful bonus content. A must-have for movie collectors, sci-fi horror enthusiasts and loyal fans, SPECIES Collector’s Edition Blu-ray also includes a collectible slipcover featuring newly rendered artwork and a reversible cover wrap featuring original theatrical key art.
Avid fans and collectors please take not: Order from ShoutFactory.com and get a FREE 18" X 24" poster featuring our brand new artwork, available while supplies last! Also get it shipped Two Weeks early!
When a beautiful human-alien hybrid (Henstridge) escapes from observation, scientist Xavier Fitch (Kingsley) dispatches a crew of experts to find her before she is able to fulfill her horrific purpose: to mate with unsuspecting men and produce offspring that could destroy mankind. As her deadly biological clock ticks rapidly, Fitch and his team are hurled into a desperate battle in which the fate of humanity itself hangs in the balance!
SPECIES Collector’s Edition Bonus Content:
- NEW 4K scan of the film’s inter-positive
- Audio Commentary with Natasha Henstridge, Michael Madsen and director Roger Donaldson
- Audio Commentary with director Roger Donaldson, make-up effects creator Steve Johnson, visual effects supervisor Richard Edlund and producer Frank Mancuso Jr.
- NEW Afterbirth: The Evolution of SPECIES featuring interviews with director Roger Donaldson, cinematographer Andzej Bartkowiak, production designer John Muto, composer Christopher Young, creature designer Steve Johnson, chrysalis supervisor Billy Bryan and “Sil” creature supervisor Norman Cabrera
- From Sil To Eve – an interview with actress Natasha Henstridge
- Engineering Life
- HR Giger At Work
- The Making Of Species: The Origin, The Concept, The Discovery
- Designing A Hybrid
- Theatrical Trailer
- Alternate Ending
- Photo Galleries (Production Design, Creature Designs, Film Stills, Behind the Scenes photos, posters and lobby cards)