Love can often be beautiful, but sometimes it can drive you crazy, as Joan Crawford's character Lucy Harbin discovers in William Castle's Strait-Jacket. In addition to releasing Castle's The Tingler on Blu-ray this week, Scream Factory is giving Strait-Jacket the high-def home media treatment, and we've been provided with three copies to give away to lucky Daily Dead readers!
Prize Details: (3) Winners will receive (1) Blu-ray copy of Strait-Jacket.
How to Enter: We're giving Daily Dead readers multiple chances to enter and win:
1. Instagram: Following us on Instagram during the contest period will give you an automatic contest entry. Make sure to follow us at:
2. Email: For a chance to win via email, send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Strait-Jacket Contest”. Be sure to include your name and mailing address.
Entry Details: The contest will end at 12:01am EST on August 28th. This contest is only open to those who are eighteen years of age or older that live in the United States. Only one entry per entry method, per household will be accepted.
Strait-Jacket Blu-ray: "Film legend Joan Crawford gives a terrific performance in this chiller from pioneer horror movie producer William Castle.
Crawford plays Lucy Harbin, a woman who goes berserk when she finds her husband in bed with another woman. With her three-year-old daughter accidentally witnessing the grisly act, Lucy axes the couple to death. She spends twenty years in a mental institution for the double murder.
After she is released, she moves in with her brother (Leif Erickson), his wife and her own daughter (Diane Baker), now twenty-three. Her nightmare is over ... or is it? When a spate of axe murders start occurring suddenly in the neighborhood, police think Lucy has reverted to her old ways. The truth is finally revealed in a rousing, blood-chilling finale.
- NEW Audio Commentary With Film Historians Steve Haberman, David J. Schow, And Constantine Nasr
- NEW Joan Had Me Fired – An Interview With Anne Helm
- NEW On The Road With Joan Crawford – An Interview With Publicist Richard Kahn
- Battle-Ax: The Making Of Strait-Jacket
- Joan Crawford Costume And Makeup Tests
- Ax-Swinging Screen Test
- Theatrical Trailer
- Still Gallery"