“Snake Plissken… I’ve heard of you. I heard you were dead.” Scream Factory's out to prove The Duke of New York City wrong with the resurrection of Kurt Russell's awesome anti-hero in their Escape From New York Collector’s Edition Blu-ray that hits shelves on April 21st, complete with 2k digital restoration. Last month, Scream Factory debuted the cover art for the new release of John Carpenter's 1981 cult classic, and now they've unveiled the Blu-ray's bountiful bonus features, including a new audio commentary with actress Adrienne Barbeau and directory of photography Dean Cundey, additional interviews with the crew, and much more:
Press Release - "Los Angeles, CA – Scream Factory has announced the April 21, 2015 release of John Carpenter’s Escape From New York (Collector’s Edition) on Blu-ray. The new edition of the 1981 cult classic starring Kurt Russell, Lee Van Cleef, Ernest Borgnine, Donald Pleasence, Isaac Hayes, Season Hubley, Harry Dean Stanton, and Adrienne Barbeau includes several bonus features including a new 2K scan of the inter-positive, struck from the original negative.
A thrilling landmark film that jolts along at a breakneck pace, Escape From New York leapt to cult status with high-octane action, edge-of-your-seat suspense and the mind-blowing vision of lone warrior Snake Plissken (Russell) battling his way out of a post-apocalyptic Manhattan.
In a world ravaged by crime, the entire island of Manhattan has been converted into a walled prison where brutal prisoners roam. But when the US president (Pleasence) crash-lands inside, only one man can bring him back: notorious outlaw and former Special Forces war hero Snake Plissken (Russell). But time is short. In 24 hours, an explosive device implanted in his neck will end Snake's mission – and his life – unless he succeeds!
Customers ordering from shoutfactory.com will receive their copies of Escape From New York (Collector’s Edition) two weeks early, and will receive an exclusive 18x24” poster featuring newly commissioned artwork.
Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform media company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s DVD and Blu-Ray™ offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials in lavish packages crammed with extras. Shout’s audio division boasts GRAMMY®-nominated box sets, Broadway cast albums, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable “best of” compilations. In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast digital distribution network which delivers video and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America. Shout! Factory also owns and operates Timeless Media Group, Biograph Records, Majordomo Records, HighTone Records and Video Time Machine. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com
Escape From New York (Collector’s Edition)
· NEW 2K High Definition scan of the inter-positive, struck from the original negative
· NEW Audio Commentary with actress Adrienne Barbeau and directory of photography Dean Cundey
· Audio Commentary with director John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell
· Audio Commentary by producer Debra Hill and production designer Joe Alves
· NEW Big Challenges in Little Manhattan: The Visual Effects of ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK
· NEW Scoring the Escape: A Discussion with composer Alan Howarth
· NEW On Set with John Carpenter: The Images of ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK with photographer Kim Gottlieb-Walker
· NEW I Am Taylor: an interview with actor Joe Unger
· NEW My Night on the Set: an interview with filmmaker David DeCoteau
· Deleted Scene: The Original Opening Bank Robbery Sequence
· Return to Escape from New York Featurette
· Theatrical Trailers
· Photo Galleries – Behind-the-Scenes, Posters and Lobby Cards"