A love letter to Italian cannibal films from the ’70s and ’80s, Eli Roth's The Green Inferno was initially released on Blu-ray in 2016, but Scream Factory is giving it a Collector's Edition Blu-ray release with all of the blood-spattered bells and whistles this April, and they've now revealed the full list of special features for the new release, including a new interview with Roth and never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the film.
From the Press Release: "The mastermind behind the Hostel franchise and Cabin Fever, horror auteur Eli Roth, serves up a feast of gut-wrenching terror in the gruesome fear-fest The Green Inferno. On April 23, 2019, Scream Factory proudly presents Eli Roth’s gory spectacle The Green Inferno in a two-disc Collector’s Edition set, with the film on Blu-ray and the original motion picture soundtrack by Manuel Riveiro on CD. This release comes packed with bonus features including a brand-new interview with Eli Roth, the new featurette Uncivilized Behavior: Method Acting in The Green Inferno – featuring new interviews with actors Lorenza Izzo, Daryl Sabara and Kirby Bliss Blanton, nearly an hour of never-before seen behind the scenes footage, audio commentaries, a making-of featurette, and much more! Fans who preorder the set now at shoutfactory.com will receive an exclusive poster, while supplies last.
“I’m so excited about the bonus materials. We were never able to put the making-of on the original release and the footage we have from the amazon is incredible.” says filmmaker Eli Roth “It was amazing to relive the experience of making The Green Inferno. We took our crew further than any narrative film crew has ever gone and the stories are even more insane than I remember. We have fantastic new interviews with cast members Lorenza Izzo, Kirby Bliss Blanton and Daryl Sabara, who all told incredible stories about making the film. Watching it now I still cannot believe we made it out alive with no injuries, I don’t think you could ever do a film like this today the way we did it. I am still in awe of my fearless cast and crew, and I fell in love with the village all over again. Watching the behind the scenes will really enhance your enjoyment of the movie, I can’t wait for everyone to see it. “
In The Green Inferno, a group of student activists fly to Peru determined to protect the Amazon rainforest, only to crash-land deep in the jungle. Captured by a pack of bloodthirsty cannibals, the survivors suffer unspeakable acts of butchery at the hands of the very tribe they were trying to save. A non-stop barrage of carnage and chills, The Green Inferno is an unhinged blast!
The Green Inferno Special Features:
- Two disc set – includes the exclusive original CD soundtrack by Manuel Riverio with bonus tracks not included in the film
- NEW Into the Green Inferno – an interview with co-writer/producer/director Eli Roth
- NEW Uncivilized Behavior: Method Acting in The Green Inferno – featuring interviews with actors Lorenza Izzo, Daryl Sabara and Kirby Bliss Blanton
- NEW Behind the Scenes footage – includes nearly an hour of never-before-seen footage
- Audio Commentary with co-writer/producer/director Eli Roth, producer Nicolás López and cast members Lorenza Izzo, Aaron Burns, Kirby Bliss Blanton and Daryl Sabara
- Original Publicity Featurettes including The Making of The Green Inferno
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Still Galleries – Storyboards and Makeup Tests, Behind-the-Scenes photos, Village Construction, and movie stills"