This winter, Scream Factory is taking horror fans on a trip to Valentine Bluffs with their Collector's Edition Blu-ray release of George Mihalka's My Bloody Valentine (1981), and ahead of the film's February 11th release, the full list of special features and technical specs have been revealed, including a bunch of new interviews with the cast and crew, a fresh 4K scan of the original camera negative for both the theatrical and uncut versions of the film, and a new audio commentary by director George Mihalka for the uncut edition:
Press Release: On February 11 Scream Factory will release the much anticipated My Bloody Valentine [Collector’s Edition]. Stacked with new bonus features including a new 4K scan and interviews with cast and crew, this is a collector’s must-have.
Customers ordering directly from ShoutFactory.com will receive a limited edition deluxe offer that includes an exclusive 18" X 24" rolled poster featuring brand new artwork, a second exclusive 18" x 24" rolled poster featuring alternative new artwork, and an exclusive slipcover featuring alternative new artwork. (Only 2,000 will be made available.)
On Valentine's Day, someone always loses their heart. Twenty years ago, this small town lost more than that. When supervisors abandoned their posts to attend the town's annual holiday dance, a tragedy claimed the lives of five miners. The sole survivor, Harry Warden, was institutionalized, but returned for a vengeful massacre on the disaster's first anniversary.
Nineteen years later, the town is gearing up for another Valentine's Day party. Teen sweethearts T.J. and Sarah, along with their friend Axel, are among the excited partygoers. But when a box of candy containing an eerie warning and blood-soaked heart arrive, the townsfolk realize that romance is as good as dead. And so are they ...
DISC 1 – Theatrical Version:
· NEW 4K scan of the original camera negative
· NEW An Anemic Valentine – an interview with director George Mihalka
· NEW From the Heart - an interview with actor Paul Kelman
· NEW Friends of Mine – an interview with actress Lori Hallier
· NEW Axel, Be My Valentine – an interview with actor Neil Affleck
· NEW Becoming Sylvia - an interview with actress Helene Udy
· NEW The Secret Keeper – an interview with actor Rob Stein
· NEW Broken Hearts and Broken Bones – an interview with special makeup effects designer Tom Burman
· NEW Holes in the Heart – a look at the difference between the theatrical version and the uncut version
· Theatrical Trailer
· TV Spots
· Radio Spots
· Still Gallery
DISC 2 – Uncut Version:
· NEW 4K scan of the uncut original camera negative
· NEW Audio Commentary with director George Mihalka
· MY BLOODY VALENTINE 35th Anniversary Cast Reunion panel at the Bay of Blood Convention in Florida featuring director George Mihalka, cast members Lori Hallier, Helene Udy, Rob Stein, Peter Cowper, Thomas Kovacs, Jim Murchison, Alf Humphreys and hosted by Brian Singleton
· Thomas Kovacs performs “The Ballad of Harry Warden” at the Bay of Blood Convention with Peter Cowper and Jim Murchison
About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform media company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s entertainment offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials. In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast entertainment distribution network which delivers culturally relevant programming, movie and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America and across multiple platforms. Shout! Factory owns and operates Shout! Studios, Scream Factory, Shout! Factory Kids, Shout! Factory Films, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Timeless Media Group and Shout! Factory TV. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Los Angeles, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.