Following a recent visit to the set of Stan Against Evil in Atlanta, I can assure you that if you love practical effects, you are in for a real treat when the third season of Dana Gould's horror comedy series returns. Featuring the return of familiar faces, plenty of horror homages, and a new lineup of guest stars, the IFC series has now been given a festive Halloween night premiere date for its third season:
Press Release: NEW YORK – June 13, 2018 - IFC's original horror comedy Stan Against Evil will return for Season 3 on Wednesday, October 31 at 10PM. The series stars John C. McGinley as the curmudgeonly retired police sheriff Stan Miller and Janet Varney as Evie Barrett, the current sheriff of Willard’s Mill determined to wipe out the demons that plague their quaint New England Town, along with a slate of all-new guest stars. Currently in production in Atlanta, GA, the third seasonreturns with eight all-new episodes. Stan Against Evil is created by Dana Gould and produced by RadicalMedia.
New guest stars coming to Stan Against Evil Season 3 include:
- Scott Adsit (Big Hero 6, 30 Rock) as Bill, an apathetic demon-plumber who becomes intertwined with the Miller household.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite, Arrested Development) as Nurse Pickles, a stern, no-nonsense nurse who may not be as helpful as she seems.
- Matt Braunger (Agent Carter, Up All Night) as Dr. Barlow, an earnest, academic-type surgeon at the local hospital.
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Superbad, Neighbors) as Zach, a character in a popular fictional vampire show who makes a connection with Stan’s daughter Denise.
- Eddie Pepitone (Old School, The Muppets) as Lenny, a balding, middle-aged townie who, in a prior life, dressed up as a gorilla for local birthday parties.
Deborah Baker Jr. and Nate Mooney return to co-star as Denise Miller, Stan’s absent-minded, do-good daughter, and Deputy Leon Drinkwater, Evie’s right-hand man, respectively. David Koechner also returns to guest star as Kenny, Evie’s self-absorbed, oblivious ex-husband.
Season 3 picks up immediately after the events of the Season 2 finale, with Stan and Evie back in Willard’s Mill dealing with the consequences of Stan traveling through time to save his dead wife Claire. In doing so, he inadvertently opened a portal between the Land of the Living and the Land of the Dead…allowing evil forces to truly take over the town and even some of its inhabitants. Although always the skeptic at first, Stan must work with Evie to once more save the town – even if it means making a literal deal with the devil.
Stan Against Evil is created, written and executive produced by Dana Gould, with Tom Lassally also serving as executive producer. RadicalMedia produces the series with Frank Scherma and Justin Wilkes executive producing. Star John C. McGinley also serves as a producer. Stan AgainstEvil Seasons 1 and 2 are available to watch on iTunes, Amazon, GooglePlay and Xbox. Season 1 is available to stream on Hulu and will be joined by Season 2 in August.
For continued updates on Stan Against Evil, please check out:
Twitter: @IFC #StanAgainstEvil
IFC is the home of offbeat, unexpected comedies. Series Brockmire, Stan Against Evil, Baroness von Sketch Show and Documentary Now! air alongside fan-favorite movies and comedic cult TV shows. IFC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc., and available across multiple platforms. IFC is Always On, Slightly Off.