As fans of David Lynch and Mark Frost's Twin Peaks know, the show's music is as vital a character as the eccentric and enigmatic residents of the titular small town, and that was especially true when the show returned for its third season on Showtime in the fateful summer of 2017. On May 9th, Mondo Music’s Death Waltz Recording Company will take viewers back to the "place both wonderful and strange" with a vinyl release of the original soundtrack from Twin Peaks: Limited Event Series.
Press Release: Austin, TX – May 6, 2019 – Mondo Music’s Death Waltz Recording Company is thrilled to return to the town of Twin Peaks with their very own version of Season 3’s Limited Event Series Score featuring tracks by Angelo Badalamenti, Johnny Jewel, David Lynch and Dean Hurley. The TWIN PEAKS: LIMITED EVENT SERIES original soundtrack will be available for sale on Thursday, May 9 at MondoTees.com. The 2LP package compliments Death Waltz’s previous two TWIN PEAKS soundtrack releases featuring a red die cut spot gloss sleeve that reveals a key moment in the show.
“Twin Peaks was an absolute game changer when it hit screens in 1990, personally it is burned into my psyche as one of the greatest TV shows of all time, with easily the most iconic soundtrack that has ever graced my ears. When Season 3 was announced I was both terrified and beyond excited. Luckily the show turned out to be absolutely incredible and once again the music was a major player in helping audience connect characters with key themes throughout the Season,” said Head of Music Spencer Hickman.
Mike Bozzi at Bernie Grundman Mastering has mastered the vinyl and Bernie Grundman supervised the cutting master with pressing duties being handled by Quality Record Pressings. The work here is incredible, simultaneously breathing new life into familiar themes and creating brand new ear worms in the form of smokey jazz, ambient and industrial styling. The score is thick with atmosphere and dripping in mood and tension, proving once again that Lynch and Badalamenti are bona fide geniuses who deserve every plaudit given to them.
Hickman continued, “Angelo Badalamenti returned to score the show with help from David Lynch and Johnny Jewell (The Chromatics) and the results are incredible, truly a score to get lost in and return to again and again. I am thrilled we get to return to this little town of Twin Peaks and put our own little twist on this incredible show.”
TWIN PEAKS: LIMITED EVENT SERIES SOUNDTRACK
Pressed on 2X 180 vinyl (Cherry Pie Splatter & Machine Room Grey)
CAT NUMBER DW150
1. Twin Peaks Theme (Falling) – Angelo Badalamenti
2. American Woman (David Lynch Remix) – Muddy Magnolias
3. Laura Palmer’s Theme (Love Theme From Twin Peaks) – Angelo Badalamenti
4. Accident / Farewell Theme – Angelo Badalamenti*
5. Grady Groove (feat. Grady Tate) – Angelo Badalamenti
1. Windswept (Reprise) – Johnny Jewel
2. Dark Mood Woods / The Red Room – Angelo Badalamenti
3. The Chair – Angelo Badalamenti*
4. Deer Meadow Shuffle – Angelo Badalamenti
1. Threnody For The Victims Of Hiroshima (with Warsaw National Philharmonic Orchestra) – Witold Rowicki/Krzysztof Penderecki
2. Slow 30’s Room – David Lynch & Dean Hurley
3. The Fireman – Angelo Badalamenti*
1. Saturday (Instrumental) – Chromatics
2. Headless Chicken – Thought Gang (Angelo Badalamenti & David Lynch)
3. Night – Angelo Badalamenti*
4. Heartbreaking – Angelo Badalamenti*
5. Audrey’s Dance – Angelo Badalamenti
6. Dark Space Low – Angelo Badalamenti*
Mondo is an expanding enterprise with a passionate love of film, art, music and pop culture, best known for creating limited-edition posters, vinyl soundtracks, premium collectibles and games. Based in Austin, Texas, the team collaborates with an international network of talented artists and creators to produce the highest quality products inspired by licensed properties and original IPs. Over the last decade, Mondo has partnered with leading entertainment brands including DC Comics, HBO, Marvel, Paramount Pictures, Sony, Universal Studios, Walt Disney Studios and Warner Brothers, along with dozens of independent studios and filmmakers from around the world. Find out more at mondotees.com.