November 6th’s home media releases are all about the Steelbooks apparently, as horror fans have four different titles that are coming home this week that would be great additions to anyone’s collections. Scream Factory’s Steelbook for John Carpenter’s The Thing is a work of art, and Well Go USA has put together two beautiful Steelbook releases for both Phantasm: Remastered and Train to Busan, and we even get a Grindhouse Steelbook to boot. Scream Factory is also pulling double duty with the Collector’s Edition of Sleepwalkers, and as far as recent horror offerings go, Mara, The Last Sharknado: It’s About Time, and All Light Will End are getting released this Tuesday, too.
Other notable releases for November 6th include Revenge of the Dead aka Zeder: Voices from the Beyond, Restraint, and Apartment 407.
Phantasm: Remastered: Steelbook Edition (Well Go USA, Blu-ray)
In PHANTASM: REMASTERED, Well Go USA presents the Tall Man and his hellish world like they ve never been seen before, in collectible packaging. Follow Mike, Jody, and Reggie as they embark on what is to be a long, nightmarish journey in the face of evil in lush 4K. PHANTASM is the first of five films from Don Coscarelli s classic cult horror series.
Strange things are happening at the Morningside Cemetery. At a funeral, Mike (Michael Baldwin), watches as a tall mortician clad in black (Angus Scrimm) tosses the unburied coffin into a waiting hearse as if it were nothing. Seeking the truth behind this unusual sight, Mike breaks into the mortuary, where he comes face-to-face with the sinister Tall Man. After barely managing to escape with his life, Mike enlists the help of his brother, Jody (Bill Thornbury), and their friend Reggie (Reggie Bannister). Together they set out to uncover the secrets of the Tall Man and those who dwell in his hellish world.
- New Audio Commentary With Writer/Director Don Coscarelli, Co-Producer Paul Pepperman And Visual Consultant Roberto Quezada
- Audio Commentary With Writer/Director Don Cascarelli, Stars A. Michael Baldwin, Bill Thornbury And Angus Scrimm
- Graveyard Carz Episode
- Vintage Interview With Writer/Director Don Cascarelli And Angus Scrimm
- Behind The Scenes Home Movies With Commentary
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV And Radio Spots
- Still Gallery
Sleepwalkers: Collector’s Edition (Scream Factory, Blu-ray)
Written by Stephen King and directed by Mick Garris (Masters of Horror, Hocus Pocus), Sleepwalkers is a classic horror story that takes a perfect Norman Rockwell town … and turns it inside out.
Brian Krause (Charmed) and Alice Krige (Ghost Story) star in this terrifying tale of modern-day vampires who move from small town to small town to prey on virtuous young women. Imperceptibly inhuman to everyone except for felines, these vicious shape-shifters have their eyes on a new victim: Mädchen Amick (Twin Peaks) is Tanya, the sexually curious virgin who falls for Charles, the new boy in school (Krause). Mutating at will from golden boy to savage monster, Charles stalks Tanya to feed his seductive mother. As the tension mounts (and the casualties pile up), the town's tabbies gather for a final, chilling showdown with the monsters in their midst – and we all know it's not nice to hurt people's felines.
Sleepwalkers also features cameo appearances by Stephen King and horror legend Clive Barker (Nightbreed).
- NEW Audio Commentary With Director Mick Garris And Actors Mädchen Amick And Brian Krause
- NEW Feline Trouble – An Interview With Director Mick Garris
- NEW When Charles Met Tanya – A Conversation With Actors Mädchen Amick And Brian Krause
- NEW Family Values – An Interview With Actress Alice Krige
- NEW Feline Trouble: The FX Of Stephen King's Sleepwalkers – Interviews With Special Make-up Effects Creator Tony Gardner And Prosthetics
- Designer Mike Smithson
- Behind-The-Scenes Footage
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Still Gallery
The Thing: Steelbook Edition (Scream Factory, Blu-ray)
Horror master John Carpenter (Halloween, Escape From New York) delivers "a masterful exercise in claustrophobic suspense… [with] elaborate special effects [that] set a high standard for films that followed" (TV Guide). Kurt Russell's iconic and tense performance drives this chilling version of the classic The Thing.
In the winter of 1982, a twelve-man research team at a remote Antarctic research station discovers an alien buried in the snow for over 100,000 years. Soon unfrozen, the form-changing alien wreaks havoc, creates terror… and becomes one of them.
2017 4K Scan Of The Feature Film
- 2K Scan Of The Interpositive Supervised And Approved By Director Of Photography Dean Cundey
4.1 Audio Mix Created From The Original 70MM Six Track Dolby Stereo Soundtrack (5.1 Audio Mix Also Included)
- Audio Commentary With Director Of Photography Dean Cundey
- Audio Commentary With Co-producer Stuart Cohen
- Audio Commentary By Director John Carpenter And Actor Kurt Russell
- Teaser Trailer
- Theatrical Trailers (U.S. And German)
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Still Gallery (Behind-The-Scenes Photos, Posters And Lobby Cards)
Train to Busan: Steelbook Edition (Well Go USA, Blu-ray)
TRAIN TO BUSAN is a harrowing zombie horror-thriller that took the world by storm in 2016. A simple trip to Busan for his daughter s birthday turns into a fight for survival as Seok-woo and his daughter Su-an find themselves trapped on a suspicion-filled, blood-drenched bullet train to a safe zone...which may or may not still be there.
- Behind the Scenes
- That's A Wrap
ALSO AVAILABLE THIS WEEK:
All Light Will End (Gravitas Ventures, Blu-ray & DVD)
Apartment 407 (Gravitas Ventures, Blu-ray & DVD)
Grindhouse: Steelbook Edition (TWC, Blu-ray)
Mara (Lionsgate, DVD)
The Last Sharknado: It’s About Time (Asylum, Blu-ray & DVD)
Restraint (Breaking Glass Pictures, DVD)
Revenge of the Dead aka Zeder: Voices from the Beyond (Code Red, Blu-ray)