John Goodman channels his inner William Castle to put on the ultimate creature feature screening in Joe Dante's Matinee, and ahead of the film's Collector's Edition Blu-ray release from Shout Select in January, the final list of bonus features have been revealed, including a new interview with Dante and much more:
- NEW "Master of the Matinee" – interview with director Joe Dante
- NEW "The Leading Lady" – an interview with Cathy Moriarty
- NEW "MANTastic!" The Making of a Mant
- NEW "Out of the Bunker" – an interview with actress Lisa Jakub
- NEW "Making a Monster Theatre" – an interview with production designer Steven Legler
- NEW "The Monster Mix" - an interview with editor Marshall Harvey
- NEW "Lights! Camera! Reunion!" – an interview with director of photography John Hora
- "Paranoia in Ant Vision" – Joe Dante discusses the making of the film
- MANT! – the full length version of the film with introduction by Joe Dante
- Vintage Making of Featurette
- Behind the Scenes footage courtesy of Joe Dante
- Deleted and extended scenes sourced from Joe Dante’s Workprint
- Still Galleries
- Theatrical Trailer"
Synopsis: "John Goodman is at his uproarious best as the William Castle-inspired movie promoter Lawrence Woolsey, who brings his unique brand of flashy showmanship to the unsuspecting residents of Key West, Florida.
It's 1962, and fifteen-year-old fan Gene Loomis (Simone Fenton) can't wait for the arrival of Woolsey, who is in town to promote his latest offering of atomic power gone berserk, Mant! But the absurd vision of Woolsey's tale takes on a sudden urgency as the Cuban Missile Crises places the real threat of atomic horror just 90 miles off the coast. With the help of Woolsey's leading lady, Ruth (Cathy Moriarty), the master showman gives Key West a premiere they'll never forget. Anything can happen in the movies, and everything does in this hilarious tribute to a more innocent (and outrageous) time in American cinema."