Also known as The Devil's Daughter, the 1991 horror film The Sect (helmed by Cemetery Man director Michele Soavi) is coming to Blu-ray this spring, and Scorpion Releasing has now revealed the official cover art and special features for the release.
According to Blu-ray.com, The Sect Blu-ray is expected to be released in May, and we'll keep Daily Dead readers updated as more details are divulged. In the meantime, check out the official bonus features and cover art below.
From Scorpion Releasing: "Here is our custom cover art for Michele Soavi's THE SECT. done by artist Wes Benscoter.
- The special features on the disc will be:
- New 2k scan with extensive color correction.
- English and Italian track with english subtitles
- New exclusive interview with the maestro himself, Dario Argento
- Interviews with Michele Soavi, screenwriter Gianni Romoli, actor Giovanni Lombardo Radice, composer Pino Donaggio, set designer Massimo Antonello Geleng, director of photography Raffaele Mertes and film historian Fabrizio Spurio
- Reversible sleeve - the first 2000 units will have a slip sleeve"
Synopsis (via Blu-ray.com): "A spree of grisly murders is perpetrated in Frankfurt by a group of Satan worshippers. A school teacher almost runs over an old man with a box and takes him in. It's no accident that the old man has come into her life, and it quickly becomes apparent that he has plans for her, plans that involve a permanent future with the Satanic cult. Starring Kelly Curtis, Herbert Lom, and Mariangela Giordano."