Most of the questions we’ve received this month were related to The Walking Dead video game release and we’re happy to report on the PC/Mac release date. We also know the titles for the 5 episodes that Telltale Games will release over the course of the year.

In case you missed out on earlier news, The Walking Dead game won’t be your traditional video game release. Instead, Telltale Games develops shorter episodes that are released separately. At this time, 5 episodes are planned for a first “season” and here are the titles:

**Updated 7/6: Telltale Games has announced that Episode 3 will be released sometime in August. We’ll update this story when an official release date is announced.

• Episode 1: “A New Day” (Now available: PC/Mac/Xbox 360/PS3, iOS coming soon)
  • Episode 2: “Starved For Help” (Now Available: PC/Mac/Xbox 360/PS3)
  • Episode 3: “Long Road Ahead” (Due out in August)
  • Episode 4: “Around Every Corner”
  • Episode 5: “No Time Left” (Due out later this year)
——

**Earlier Story: As for the release dates, the first episode will be available on April 24th for the PC and Mac. They have listed XBLA and PSN versions as “coming soon” and the reason for this is because both Microsoft and Sony have a certification process and it is out of Telltale Games’ hands. However, unless there are any technical issues with the game that cause a delay, console versions should be ready within the coming weeks.

“Episode one of a five-part game series set in the same universe as Robert Kirkman’s award-winning series. Play as Lee Everett, a convicted criminal, who has been given a second chance at life in a world devastated by the undead. Experience events, meet people and visit locations that foreshadow the story of Deputy Sheriff Rick Grimes. A tailored game experience – actions, choices and decisions you make will affect how your story plays out across the entire series. Additional episodes available as downloadable content.

The first of five monthly episodes of The Walking Dead is set for release in late April on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360® for 400 Microsoft® Points, on PlayStation®Network for $4.99 and on PC and Mac as a season pass for $24.99 from the Telltale Online Store and other digital outlets. Information on additional formats will follow.”

Learn more about The Walking Dead video game by reading the articles below. If you haven’t read much about the game, start with the Official FAQ and gameplay trailer:

23 responses to “The Walking Dead Video Game: Release Date and Episode Titles”

1. Warrior_of_God says:

Soooo….. when are the other episodes(2,3,4 & 5) coming out this for xbox.?

2. Warrior_of_God says:

Sooo…. when are the other episodes(2,3,4,5) are coming out for xbox360

3. Jason says:

one episode per month will b released last installment is out in august,, if you are on play station this will b one of the easiest platnum games to date along the lines of ncis,,this was a great game alil on the heavy rain side if you enjoy games where you decide how it all plays out ,,FOLKES///getcha game on

4. when iz the release date for episode 2 ???

5. there ment to be doing each episode once a month :( just like the movie version but longer!

6. the 30th better come quick! lol

7. Tony Clements says:

Ok but still when will ep 2 come out I hope it’s be 4 the 22 of this moth I need that ep because my account is going to exspire on the 22 and I would love to play even a demoe of ep 2 be 4 it exspires and is there going to eney new acheavments 4 it 1 of your bigs fan kingjjfox123

8.  the 30th of wat and dya ave 2 buy a new game every month ???

9. Joseph Sweet says:

While it seems a bit odd to pay for all episodes and only get one a month thereafter, and I was tempted to wait until they were all out, I couldn’t do it. And the first episode hasn’t disappointed. I found the controls to be a bit odd, but I’m used to games like silent hill and resident evil, and this isn’t really that type of game. Maybe it would be better with the xbox controller for pc, since it seems to have been designed for that. It does work just fine with the keyboard and either wasd keys or the arrow keys + Q and E and a mouse. Plus the awkwardness of the controls to someone used to the average 3D shooter type of game adds that much more suspense to the hopeless, tense – make a decision in the next three seconds or everyone dies – feeling of the game. It makes you feel like you’re actually there. And the comic book art look of the whole thing should please fans. Inevitably there will be those who would rather have detailed blood and gore, but, well, all I can say is, it’s based on a comic and it rocks. How much more can you ask for, really?  Can’t wait for episode two. I’m going to make myself wait until I have completed all of the episodes before I try and go back and redo any of my choices thus far. Seems like the honorable thing to do. That is one thing I really loved about this, after all. The last minute do or die decisions. Wondering afterward if you did the right thing. The way the game and the characters in it, learn and adapt to your decisions not just for the current episode, but for future episodes as well. Kudos to the creators. And to fans of the comic or TV show who are debating whether or not to try this, you won’t be disappointed. And the price, at what amounts to about 5 bucks an episode, really can’t be beat. Assuming that the future episodes have about the same amount of game time, it’s about two hours per episode, maybe a bit more. Multiply that by five and that’s close to the run time of an average 12 episode season of a TV show once you cut out the commercials. And it’s interactive. I hope to see more games like this in the future.

10. andyriepittbull666 says:

so does season 2 game come out on the 30th????

11. IS RETARDED HOW THEY MAKING US WAIT THIS LONG FOR CHAPTER 2 BETTERBE LONGER THAN CHAPTER ONE

12. sookootmebattyole says:

wtf.. its been the 30th ALL damn day.. still no ep 2? is it some kind of stupid marketing ploy to piss your customers off? anus-lipped mongoloids. let it go already. jeez.

13. Brodie Spears says:

seriously? episode 2 not untill next month now?? come on!!

14. Gage Driscoll says:

TTG, do what any other company would do… Fire your asshole animators.  I bet the ones who don’t meet their deadlines are too cocky, anyways.

15. Gage Driscoll says:

*I’m not saying fire all of your animators.  Just the ones who jerk around all the time and make your company look bad.  I know animators have a tough job, but they do it because they’re passionate about what they do.  If someone there is not passionate about what they do, then they’re hurting your company, and ALL other animators involved.

16. kimohall says:

im pissed. why does this game not allow inverted controls, its 2012 every game gives you this option, plus why do we have to wait for the next chapter, why cant we have them all at once, this game is fun an exciting, really keeps you locked into the story, but no invert controls and you have to wait to play when we the gamer would pay extra money to have all chapters at once, you guys are idiots, takes the game from a 10 down to a 5.  Im upset and sad, marketing really should of brought this up the meetings you guys had and fixed it or at least gave the gamer options, sad day at telltale………………

17. Dave Ruth says:

I really enjoyed episode 1, hopefully the rest of the series is just as good….and seriously…I don’t care that it is only 2 hours of game time as long as it is as high of quality as the developers have done so far.   I would rather have quality over quantity any day.

18. according to telltale games, they are supposed to be releasing 1 episode a month, but, when you consider that episode 1 came out in april, and its now june, they have clearly skipped a month. hardly fair for those of us who bought the season pass. i,m willing to bet that all episodes have already been made, so whats the hold up?

19. manske says:

I would just like to know why episode 2 is not out yet….and the only complaint i have about the game thus far is that i need a little more game and a little less TV. And why is episode 2 not out!

20. Dustin says:

THIS IS BULL SHIT!!!!!

21. BUBAPHATZ420 says:

When is episode 2 coming out .

22. I can’t wait any longer! I beat episode 1 like 10x where is episode 2? They said they were going to release it this month but can we get an exact date. I paid for the season bundle but one episode per month is a tough wait since I love this game.

23. John says: